Monday 6 January 2014

Ironman Training current 4 week plan.

I have been asked by a few people what I am doing and how I am working it, so in short, my training is a little something like this.

I am working on a 6 days on, and 1 day off basis and the sole purpose of the next 4 weeks is to build both a base layer fitness a bit of distance and technique.

  1. Day One
    Gym 45 minutes - TRX Core and Arms & Shoulders or Chest & Back
    Gym 15 minutes - weights
    Swim 45 minutes - Technique
    Bike 30 minutes - Technique on the Turbo
    (Cycle to/from Work)
  2. Day Two
    Gym 45 minutes - TRX Core and Arms & Shoulders or Chest & Back
    Gym 15 minutes - weights
    Swim 45 minutes - Base Building/Distance Work
    Run 30 minutes - Technique
    (Cycle to/from work)
  3. Day Three
    Gym 45 minutes - TRX Core and Arms & Shoulders or Chest & Back
    Gym 15 minutes - weights
    Bike 1hour 30minutes - Distance Work
  4. Day Four
    Run 10k - as fast as I can
    Climbing - 2 hours
     - Week 1; Pyramid to establish 1 grade below fail grade
     - Week 2; 1 and 1's at 1 grade below fail grade x 4
     - Week 3; 1 and 1's at 1 grade below fail grade x 4
     - Week 4; 4x4 at 1 grade below fail grade x 2
    (Cycle to/from work)
  5. Day Five
    Bike 50 minutes - Technique on the Turbo
    (Cycle to/from work)
  6. Day Six
    Run 1 hour 30 min - Distance Work
  7. Day Seven
    Rest Day
    (Cycle to/From Work)

That is roughly what I am doing over the next four weeks, or as close as possible to it. I am keeping a full plan and it is being updated daily here

As meetings or things pop up that affect the plan I will swap rest days, so sometimes I might have for example a 9 day on with one day off but then I will only have 4 days on till my next rest day so it seems to be evening out, although even on my rest days I am still cycling to work! where this occurs or if I have already done bike that day, I will cycle in a very easy gear and spin it out.

No comments: